The client is a Fortune 300 insurance company headquartered in the US with over 12 billion dollars in annual revenue. They adapt to using continuous integration in the insurance industry.
The company has a sophisticated Salesforce Service Cloud implementation and is a customer of Vlocity. Vlocity is a Fortune Cloud 100 company leading industry cloud app adoption on Salesforce and driving digital transformation for the world’s leading brands.
The company uses Vlocity OmniScript™ to craft dynamic customer interactions without code, guide users through service processes with fast, personalized responses, and deploy multiple channels and devices.
Cognizant is a global Salesforce partner with a successful track record in planning and delivering complex Salesforce.com projects. They strongly emphasize the certification
of their Salesforce.com consultants, bringing innovation and deep cross-industry domain expertise to our projects. They also offer a culture of strong governance and project management to drive business success for each of our customers.
Provar Testing is the only code-free, integrated automation testing tool for Salesforce. A unique proposition in the Salesforce marketplace, Provar has gained a strong foothold within Salesforce’s Enterprise customer base.
Manual Testing was a burden for this company. With over 2000 test scenarios needing to be covered around their case management processes and some complex Visualforce testing pages, Testing was time-consuming and resource-heavy.
Most of the company’s testing challenge was around their Console application, SRM (Service Request Management). It was a sophisticated application offering multiple tabs and an advanced footer component offering options such as Search Agent and Create New Service Request.
These presented some challenges to test, owing to the need to control navigation between multiple primary, secondary, new, and existing tabs and the custom console components, which demanded advanced iFrame management.
In addition, the company was looking for a tool that could offer reusable functionality, such as callable tests, the ability to test cases across multiple profiles, and for test data to be data-driven from Excel. The company visited Cognizant and Provar to see whether an integrated test automation solution could fill the gap.
The client engaged Cognizant and Provar to work on a new test strategy using Provar’s test automation tool for Salesforce with continuous integration in the insurance industry.
Provar is a no-code test automation tool. Because Provar is tightly integrated with Salesforce, it provides a more efficient way to implement automation, intelligently locating Salesforce fields, objects, and other critical metadata.
Minor environmental changes become easier to accommodate, reducing maintenance effort and increasing scalability. Through Salesforce integration, running the same test cases against multiple profiles is possible, making it easy to scale up Testing. With Provar’s point-and-click test building, Cognizant could build test cases quickly.
The test cases were humanly readable and easy to understand, making it faster for the business to validate scenarios. Provar also tackled the company’s Console application’s complex technical aspects, which required navigating several open tabs and supporting custom console components, including a console footer.
Switching between different frames and screens can be a stumbling block for other tools but is handled automatically by Provar without input needed from the user. Using Provar, Cognizant completed 185 test cases in the first ten days, averaging 7 per user daily. (Note: Test case velocity depends on the complexity of the test cases being delivered.)
The company significantly reduced its Salesforce regression testing time and effort thanks to Cognizant and Provar’s test automation solution.
They also realized a significantly higher test coverage with fewer functional SMEs.In addition, the client can run the same test cases across multiple environments and user profiles, giving extraordinary transparency and range to their regression testing.
The company runs up to 400 test cases nightly through continuous integration in the insurance industry, and over a week, they cycle through 2000 different test cases. It includes coverage of the same test cases across four other user profiles, helping to ensure thorough Testing for each user type. These nightly runs deliver a comprehensive report in PDF of the test cases run, with granular insights into the successes and failures of each test case and test step.
- TEST BUILDER: Using Provar’s point-and-click Test Builder tool, you can build your tests step by step in the browser and make edits. It creates test case creation and debugging fast and easy.
- DRAG AND DROP API: Provar lets you drag and drop API test steps into any test to create and assert test data. Provar offers to Create, Read (including SOQL), Update, and Delete, as well as automated test data teardown.
- DATA-DRIVEN TESTING: Provar enables data-driven Testing from an Excel file or a database using a simple drag-and-drop interface.
- MAINTAINABLE LOCATORS: Provar is tightly integrated into Salesforce metadata, meaning field locators are automatically suggested and can be amended efficiently. Locators can be used across environments with minimal updates.
- NO CODE: Provar works code-free and is easy for non-developers to use, making it easier than ever to train testers and maintain tests.
- TESTING WITH MULTIPLE USERS AND PROFILES: Provar lets you run the same test as multiple users without creating various tests. It helps increase coverage while reducing maintenance.
- SALESFORCE SUPPORT: Provar has built-in support for standard page layouts, automatically recognizing and mapping fields. It also has advanced Visualforce support via its PageObjects concept, meaning minor amendments to the Visualforce page do not break tests.
- MAINTAINABILITY: Provar is integrated with Salesforce’s metadata, meaning field locators can be automatically suggested. Changes to decorative elements, such as page layouts, no longer cause unexpected breakages, reducing maintenance time and effort. Test cases can also be callable by other tests, which increases > the usability and stability of the test suite.
- ON-SCREEN NAVIGATION: Provar’s ‘On Screen’ functionality takes the user directly to the relevant object screen, removing the need for login and additional screen navigations and speeding up the automation process.
- EMBEDDED FRAMES AND TABLES: Provar supports testing embedded frames, nested frames, and tables. The automation of testing these elements can be complex and laborious with many standard tools. Provar can handle these automatically in a single step, with the complexity hidden from the user.
- SUPPORT FOR RELATED LISTS: Provar has inbuilt support for dynamic related lists and list screens, making searching and locating elements quick.
- FRAME SWITCHING: Switching between frames and screens can be a stumbling block for other tools but is handed automatically by Provar.
- COVERAGE AND REUSABILITY: The company noted increased test case reusability and increased test coverage for both positive and negative scenarios.